Developer Workflow Tools 2021
This is my starter list of developer workflow tools, I plan on providing updates to this list over time. This is directly influenced and damn near copied from Scott Hanselman 2021 Ultimate and Power Users Tool List for Windows blog post. He has a lot of great tools in there, some of which I integrated into my own workflow. Hope you find this helpful.
- VS Code – This is the goto IDE right now, super useful.
- Vim – Hard not to make every subject about Vim, but I’ll keep my mouth shut.
- Postman – Great starting place when dealing with APIs or developing them.
- Windows Subsystem For linux – Essential to my workflow. I love working in a linux environment and even better when I don’t have to have a separate virtual machine window.
- Windows Terminal – I use this to work inside of the WSL environment and anything for CLI dev
- 7-Zip – Easy and simple for zip files.
- One Commander – Great view for windows file system and customizable.
- Filezilla – For anything FTP
- VLC Player – Tried and true, never failed me yet for all things audio/video.
- Evernote– This is the workhorse for most of my notetaking and references, I have been using it for over 7 years and can’t recommend it enough.
- 1Password – Password management, might be a little overkill, but I use it daily and is essential as of now.
- Trello – For high level organization and visualizing my direction